The .Net Runtime Library for Delphi can be used to:
- Hosts the .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR) in Delphi.
- Loads assemblies from .Net dll or executable file without registering the Library as COM in Delphi.
- Loads .Net assemblies from Global Assembly Cache (GAC) without prior registration of the assembly types as COM.
- Accesses .Net assembly types and members of the types which includes fields, properties, methods events etc.
- Creates an instance of a .Net object from the types of the loaded assemblies.
- Calls static and non-static members of the .Net types from the loaded assemblies. The members include fields, properties, methods and events.
- Handles and raises .Net exceptions and also get information about the type of the exception.
- Accesses, handles and invokes .net events and delegates from Delphi.
- Contains all the assemblies and types in the .Net Framework Class Libraries.
- Hosts .Net controls in Delphi Forms.
- Contains a utility which imports .net dll, executable or Web Service Definition Language (WSDL) and generates Delphi classes from the loaded assemblies.
- and many more.
There are 2 main libraries that constitutes the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi, these are:
1. Host Class Library:
This Library contains Delphi classes and interfaces for starting and hosting the .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR) which allows Delphi applications to load and access .net assemblies, create object instance of the types from the loaded assembly, invoke the members of the types etc. The CLR manages memory, thread execution, code execution and other system services.
2. Framework Class Library:
This Library is a Delphi interface representation of the .NET Framework class library which is a collection of reusable types that tightly integrate with the Delphi Host Class Library.
.Net Assembly/WSDL Importer:
A tool which is part of the .Net Runtime Library for Delphi used for importing .net DLL/WSDL into Delphi.
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Download 2
- File Size 55.22 MB
- File Count 2
- Create Date December 8, 2020
- Last Updated December 8, 2020
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?